When will UNN Hostel portal open? Is Hostel Portal Open for new students and old students Open? I want to live in the hostel but I do not know when the school will open the portal to apply for hostel.
In this article, you will see the general information the school has released concerning Hostel Portal containing the dates when you should login and apply for unn accommodation.
UNN Hostel Accommodation Information (2018/2019 Session) Nsukka Campus & Enugu & Ituku-Ozalla Campuses
GENERAL UNN Accommodation Information 2018/19 Session
- Portal opens for New Students on Wednesday 17th October 2018 at 10.00am
- Portal opens for Returning Students on Tuesday 23rd October 2018 at 10.00am
- Kindly note that the portal is open Monday – Friday from 10.00am – 6.00pm
This is to inform all students of UNN (Prospective and Returning) to take note of the following important information with regards to student accommodation for the 2018/19 session:
1. The University has limited spaces for student accommodation.
2. The accommodation is allocated on a first come, first serve basis. The allocation process is fully automated and can only be accessed from the student portal.
3. First Year and Final year students are given high priority during allocation.
4. First years are allocated 40% of the total accommodation, final years 30% while others and
special needs are allocated 30%.
5. All Nursing Mothers must apply for accommodation online and must notify the authorities early.
6. The following are highly prohibited and will attract eviction from the hostel:
- Squatting of any kind.
• Late return to the hostel at night.
• Drinking of Alcohol.
• Fighting and quarrelling.
• Use of hotplates, electric boiling ring, refrigerator, gas cooker and so on.
• Use of generator sets.
• Defecating and bathing at undesignated places.
• Pouring of water in undesignated places.
• Defacing of Hostel walls by posting of bills, posters and any document.
- Only students who have specifically met the following will be qualified for hostel accommodation:
- Paid all fees till date including acceptance fees.
• Registered all courses online till date.
• Possess the University ID card or have been successfully captured.
• Possess and use the University student email address.
- All hostel accommodation invoices are valid for only three days after generation. (Any student who fails to pay online within the three day period will forfeit the allocation and fees paid).
9. All Reverend Sisters are to follow the authorized process for accommodation.
10. Physically challenged students must also generate invoice online and proceed to make payments.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO ROOM FOR TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION.
How To Apply for UNN Hostel Accommodation
1. Log in to the UNN Portal – unnportal.unn.edu.ng
2. Enter your username and password (Your username is your Jamb Registration Number for New Students, while your username is your Registration Number for Returning Students).
3. Click on Hostel Allocation.
4. Click on Apply for Bed space (Select Hostel and Room No and Bed Space).
5. Click on Apply.
6. Print the Invoice carrying your RRR number and proceed to the bank or make payment using your ATM Card.
7. Return to the portal and Click on Hostel Allocation.
8. Select print Allocation Slip.
9. Print Allocation Slip.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING
- BELLOW HOSTEL IS STRICTLY FOR PHARMACY STUDENTS (LADIES).
- EACH HOSTEL YOU CLICK ON WILL SHOW YOU THE NUMBER OF AVAILABLE ROOMS, THEIR NAMES BED NUMBER.
- YOU CAN APPLY F OR YOUR FRIEND IF YOU HAVE HIS/HER LOGIN DETAILS.
- ONCE YOU APPLY, THERE IS NO ROOM FOR CHANGING THE HOSTEL ROOM NUMBER.
- IF AFTER YOU CLICK ON A ROOM AND IT WAS TAKEN BY ANOTHER STUDENT, DO NOT WASTE TIME, GO AHEAD AND CLICK ANOTHER ROOM.