University of Waterloo Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the University of Waterloo Mathematics Global Scholarships for International Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
These scholarships are open to international students studying on a study permit only. Payments beyond Year One are dependent on the student maintaining an overall academic average of 80% or greater and continued enrollment in an approved program.
The typical candidate will have a distinguished academic standing, especially in mathematics, as well as a record of accomplishments in mathematics and/or computer science contests throughout high school.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate interest in mathematics or computer science beyond standard course requirements, including activities such as active membership in math or computer science clubs, enriched mathematics studies, employment/voluntary experiences, or hobbies.
Participation and achievement in student government, athletics, music, art, etc. are also considered. Application forms may be obtained from the Faculty of Mathematics website and candidates must apply by early-February.
Approximately 10 scholarships, valued at $12,000 to $25,000 each over eight academic terms, are awarded to incoming undergraduate students enrolled in any program in the Faculty of Mathematics (excluding Software Engineering and Computing and Financial Management).
When is the University of Waterloo Scholarship application deadline?
4th February 2019
Which countries are eligible for the University of Waterloo Scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Field of Study
Mathematics→Business Administration (Laurier) and Computer Science (Waterloo) – Double Degree, Business Administration (Laurier) and Mathematics (Waterloo) – Double Degree, Honours Mathematics, Mathematics/Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Computer Science, Mathematics/Business Administration, Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountancy
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- academic performance
- extracurricular involvement as assessed through the National/Global Scholarship application
How many scholarship awards are available?
Approximately 10 scholarships
Value and Duration of Award
$12,000 to $25,000 each over eight academic terms
How to Apply for the University of Waterloo Mathematics Global Scholarship
Complete the National/Global Scholarship application
- go to the Faculty of Mathematics website for further details on application process
- application is due February 4, 2019
- 2018 University of the People Online Tuition Free scholarship Degrees for International Undergraduate Students at University of the People in any Country
- 2019 UBC International Merit Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students at University of British Columbia in Canada
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2018
- PTDF Scholarship 2019 for Undergraduates, Masters & PHD – Apply Now
- NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship 2019 Scheme for Nigerians
- NNPC/Shell SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2018 [How to Apply]