Are you a students and thinking on where to get Nigeria current affairs questions and answers easily? Nigeria current affairs questions are used to test students especially during scholarship examinations and for job interviews. Some institutions uses Nigeria Current Affairs to test their candidates during their aptitude tests.
I am dividing this into parts. They include
- Latest Current Affairs
- Nigeria Government Current Affairs
- Facts And Questions About Nigeria
Part 1: Latest Current Affairs
1 Who was the first woman to be a pilot? Answers: Mrs. Chinyere Onyemucheya.
2. Who was the first woman to drive a car? Answers: Mrs. Olufunmiloyo Ramsome Kuti
3. Who was the first woman to be a Judge in Nigeria? Answers: Mrs. Rosemary Ukeje.
4. Who was the first Nigerian to speak a foreign language? Answers: Obi Esigie of Benin.
5. Who is the youngest Governor to rule in Nigeria Answers: Chukwuebuka is the youngest Governor to rule in Nigeria. He ruled at the age of 16 in Lagos State after wining the competition set by the Governor’s wife in Lagos State students on the 6th June 2001.
6. Who was the youngest Judge in the whole world? Answers: John Payton.
7. What is the name of the oldest bride in the world? Answers: Minnie Munro. She married at the age of 102 in point Clare, NSW, Australia.
8. What is the name of the oldest groom in the world? Answers: Harry Stevens. He married 81-year-old Thelma Lucas at the Caravilla retirement Home at the age of 103.
9. Who formed the first political party in Nigeria? Answer: Herbert Macauly
10. What does the eagle in the Nigerian coat of arm represent? Answer: Strength
PART 2: Nigeria Government Current Affairs
1. Traditional rulers were restricted to ceremonia
l rules by the local government reforms of
a. 1966 b. 1976 c. 1984 d.1987
2. A parliamentary system, who ensures that member
s are in the house to vote on major issues
a. Party leaders
b. Speaker of the House
c. Clerk of the House
3. A system in which no single person serves as the
chief executive is known as a.
Republican b. Revolutionary
c. Collegial d. Parliamentary
4. A social system in which power is derived from c
ontrol over land is called
a. Oligarchy b. Feudalism
c. Socialism d. Welfarism
5. Rule of Law refers to situation in w
a. Lawyers are the rulers
b. Laws are supreme
c. The judiciary is independent
d. Parliament makes laws
6. An important principle of the civil service is
a. Authoritarianism b. Anonymity
c. Nepotism d. Partisanship
7. Which of these constitution recognized local go
vernment as the third tier of government
a. The 1946 Constitution
b. The 1960 constitution
c. The 1963 constitution
d. the 1979 constitution
8. A condition for judicial independence is the app
ointment of judges by the
a. Civil service commission
b. Judicial service Commission
c. Low Review Commission
d. The 1979 constitution
9. The minorities Commission appointed in Nigeria in 1957 recommend that
a. More states should be created in the federation
b. No more states should created before independence
c. Nigeria should revert to a unitary structure
d. the legislature should Legislate for the minority areas
e the minorities should constitute one state
10. The second military coup detaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t in Nigeria took place on
a January 15, 1966 b. October 1, 1966
c. July 29, 1966 d. July 29, 1975
e. February 13, 1976
11. One of these was in existence before the outbre
ak of the second world war
a. The OAU b. The League of Nations
c. The UNO
d. The Commonwealth of Nations
12. An important advantage of creating more constit
ution in a federal state is to
a. Enhance the PeopleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s participation
b. Enable ambitious Politicians gain political powe
c. Make the states gain more power from the federal
d. Curb the excess of the federal government
13. Under the Presidential system
a. The party with the majority of seat forms the Ex
b. There is the principle of collective responsibil
c. The president may come from any of the parties
d. The states take instruction from the federal gov
14. Public opinion is important because it
a. Tells government what action it must take
b. Lets government know what the people want
c. Allows Police to manage crisis
d. Mothers the minorities in resource lean areas
e. Guarantees peopleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s freedom and rights
15. Bicameral legislature exists
a. Where two cameras are used to monitor court proc
b. To prevent the concentration of power on legisla
c. To provide jobs for more politicians
d. To ensure that just laws are passed
16. Africans were first elected to the legislative
council in British West Africa in a. Ghana b. Sierra Leone
c. The Gambia d. Nigeria
17. One of the functions of the Ministry of externa
l affairs is the
a. Deportation of illegal aliens
b. Issuance of Passports
c. Defence of the CountryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Borders
d. Promotion of national interests
18. The leader of the Northern PeopleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s cong
a. Yakubu Maitama Sule
b. AbubakarTafawa Balewa
c. Aminu Kano
d. Ahmadu Bello
19. The idea of democracy started with the
a. Romans b. Pensions d. Egyptians
20. In the Marxist theory, those who live by sellin
g their labour are called
a. Bourgeoisie b. Proletariats c. Feudal lords d. S
Read Also: Ongoing job recruitments in Nigeria
21. Which of the following is NOT an acceptable mea
ns of achieving democracy?
a. Referendum b. Recall
c. Initiative d. Riots
22 The branch of government responsible for impleme
nting laws is the
a. Executives b. Legislature d. Police
23. In a democracy, sovereignty is vested in a. The
community b. Public officials
c. Judges d. The head of State e. The Legislature
24. Universal Adult Suffrage means all
a. Adult citizens can vote
b. Citizens vote
c. Qualified citizens can vote
d. Literate citizens can vote
e. Adult males can vote
25. A bill that applies to the whole population and
is intended to promote the general
welfare is called
a. A private bill
b. A decree
c. An Appropriation bill
d. A public deal
e. An edict
1. B 6.B 11.B 16.A 21D
2. D 7.D 12.A 17. D 22.A
3. D 8.B 13.C 18. D 23.A
4. B 9.A 14.B 19. C 24.C
5. B 10. C 15.B 20. B 25C
PART 3: Facts And Questions About Nigeria
#1. Mention the new service chiefs in Nigeria
#2. Who is the current INEC chairman?
Answer: Mahmud Yakubu
#3. Who is the current NAFDAC Director General?
Answer: Mojisola Christianah Adeyeye
#4. Who is the current Inspector General of police?
Answer: IGP Ibrahim Idris
#5. Current chairman of the African Union
Answer: Paul Kagame
#6. Who is the secretary General of the united nations
Answer: António Guterres
#7. Who is the current minister of education?
Answer: Mallam Adamu Adamu
#8. Mention five rivers in Nigeria that share their names with a state.
Answer: Rivers- Benue, Niger, Osun, Kaduna, Ogun, Sokoto, Cross River, Imo
#9. What was the first political party in Nigeria?
Answer: Nigerian National Democratic party (NNDP)
#10. Who is the current president of Nigeria?
Answer: Muhammadu Buhari
#11. Who is the current vice president of Nigeria?
Answer: Yemi Osibajo
#12. What does the eagle in the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
#13. Mention 5 past senate presidents of Nigeria.
Answer: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, Evan Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo, Anyim Pius Anyim, Adolphus Wabara, Ken Nnamani, David Mark.
#14. What do the two horses on the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
#14. What was the black shield in the Nigerian coat of arm stand for?
Answer: Nigerian’s fertile soil
#16. What does the white colour in Nigerian flag stand for?
#17. What does the green colour in Nigerian flag represent?
Answer: Forests and abundant natural wealth of Nigeria
#18. Who is the current minister of finance?
Answer: Zainab Ahmed (substantive)
#19. Who is the current minister of defence?
Answer: Haliru Mohammed Bello
#20. Nigeria is divided into how many geopolitical zones?
Answer: Six (6) geopolitical zones
#21. What was the first capital city in Nigeria?
#22. Who is the current minister of FCT?
Answer: Muhammadu Bello
#23. Who is the current Nigerian Deputy Senate president?
Answer: Senator Ike Ekweremadu
#24. When did Nigerian Golden eaglets win the world under-17 FIFA world cup
Answer: 1985, 1993, 2007, 2013, 2015
#25. Who gave Nigeria her name:
Answer: Flora Shaw
#26. Who designed the Nigerian flag?
Answer: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi
#27. Which country won the last world cup?
#28. Who was the first man to buy a car in Nigeria?
Answer: Bob Jensen
#29. Who was the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria?
Answer: Funmilayo Ransome Kuti
#30. What is the first TV station in Nigeria?
Answer: Western Nigerian Government Broadcasting Corporation (WNTV) in 1959
#31. Who is the current CBN Governor?
Answer: Godwin Emefiele
#32. Where was crude oil first discovered in Nigeria?
Answer: Oloibiri Oilfield, located in Oloibiri in Ogbia LGA of Bayelsa State
#33. Who was the first Nigerian to become a Noble Laureate?
Answer: Wole Soyinka
#34. Who is the Nigerian current speaker of house of Assembly?
Answer: Yakubu Dogara
#35. Who is the minister for petroleum resources in Nigeria?
Answer: President Muhammudu Buhari
#36. Who is the current chief justice of Nigeria?
Answer: Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen
#37. When was the Nigerian Naira introduced?
Answer: 1st January 1973
#38. When was the first military coup carried out in Nigeria?
#39. How many local Government do we have in Nigeria?
#40. Who is the first Nigerian president?
Answer: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe
#41. Who was Nigerian first executive president?
Answer: Alhaji Shehu Aliyu Shagari
#42. Who was the Nigerian first prime minister?
Answer: Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
#43. What is the largest continent in the world?
Answer: ASIA with population of 3,641,000,000 while Australia & Oceania is the smallest continent
#44. What are the five Oceans in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, Arctic Ocean.