This article How to Keep Awake in Night Class is dedicated especially to students in the higher institution of learning. I sleep too much in night class. I cannot read because of sleep in night class. I sleep too early in night class. If this is your case, get yourself prepared as we will discuss what makes you sleep and how to stay awake in night class.
The night class is a period of the night when a student leaves his comfort zone to study. It is that time in the night a student has set aside to prepare for his future. It may be reading, studying, developing, doing assignments and so on. This is most of the usual academic exercises that goes on in institution of higher learning. But unfortunately, a lot of students use this opportunity to do several things. To be sincere, sleep turns out to be the one of it.
Why Students Sleep in Night Class
You can not expect a paper and a stone to land the same time under gravity. As a student, there are a lot of stresses that takes place during the hours of the day. From one lecture to another, from one practical to the other. A student life o campus if full of work and loads. Even the time set out for visitation, cooking, play and fellowship most times can take almost a day. That is why rest is always needful.
Some of the reasons why students in the university and other institution of higher learning sleep in the night class is because if the following:
- You eat too much just before going for night class
- You carry excess books
- You failed to rest in the day
- You Go out with your Boy friends
- You are reading with deem light
- You failed to Wear Cold resisting Clothes
- You fail to understand your System
1. You eat too much just before going for night class
Some students can be so funny to the extent of playing with their stomach. When you upload up to 4 wraps of Akpu and expect to study at the night class. If you are thinking you are a super man, try and see what will happen.
2. You carry Excess Books
When you take with you the whole books in your cupboard to night class, it is a problem. For the engineering students and medical student. Remember the size of engineering math textbook and the Anatomy books. Just try and carry four of such volumes at your back to the night class, then came here and testify.
3. You failed to rest in the day
I remember a student in my school who has no time for rest. The only time you see him rest is when he is sleeping on-top of his books in the night class. Remember you cannot cheat nature. When you fail to rest before embarking on a journey to night class, then there is higher probability of you sleeping in the night class.
4. You Go out with your Boy friends
Ladies especially will love to go out with their so call boy friends. Some of them are not in the business of reading in the night. Because of this, they look for how to distract their boyfriend. They have lured many into destruction on campus. Some hot ladies can even in the process seduce you to translate from sleeping to SLEEPING with them (you can relate abi).
5. You are reading with deem light
When you refuse to charge your reading lamp, what else do you expect? Reading with deem light can force you to sleep in night class. This is because your eyes needs something brighter to stimulate it.
6. You failed to Wear Cold resisting Clothes
Night class sometimes can be very cold that you need a good covering to keep awake. When you go with our sleeveless clothes, singlets, and shorts (bumb shorts too), you will surely fall asleep in night class.
7. You fail to understand your System
This is very important. Every student should know the best time he assimilates faster in a day. Some students are not used to night classes, and they find it difficult to read at nights. I believe most extroverts can relate to this. Most introverts prefer reading at night when the atmosphere is cool and quiet. If you fail to understand this, then you must sleep in night classes.
How to Keep Awake in Night Class
A serious student will always feel the pains when he falls a victim of falling asleep in night class. But for the unserious students who has only gone to play games, he will feel good. I will run down the following things that will help you to keep awake in night class.
- Leave early to night class
- Have a good rest before leaving for night class
- If you are not used to cold, Go with a cardigan, or a better covering.
- Eat light foods to feel good and free while reading.
- Go with bright lamp(s) if there is no provision for light in the class.
- Take only the necessary books to read. Do not pack our whole shelf to night class.
- Learn to understand your assimilating time of the day to avoid wasting your night.
- Go in groups. This can save you lots of sleeps.
- Use your phone to chat and browse when you get tired.
I need our contributions too. If you have found any other way from these, you can share it here.