Do you want to Plot Sine and Cosine Graph Using MS-Excel? I am so glad that you are here to learn how to use the Microsoft Excel Package to plot Sine and Cosine graph without stress.
The sine and cosine graph is got from the data obtained from the computation of the sine and cosine of functions of the values of degrees (30, 60, 0, 90 etc). Most of the engineering calculations require that you plot these graphs. In fact, any student that has passed through secondary school and has written WASSCE must have passed through this topic. It is very essential for those studying physics in the high institution of learning as they use it when calculating for sound waves in different medium. In engineering, those in electronics engineering will tell you that they deal with electronic waves and you know what it means? The basic knowledge of sine and cosine graph will help.
Manually plotting this graphs will be somehow time consuming as there are programs like the Ms Excel to use. This program is well designed that you can use it for several functions embedded in it.
I will show you how to plot a sine and cosine graph within minutes (approximately 4 minutes) of a walk through.
How to Plot Sine and Cosine Graph Using MS-Excel
- Launch your MS-Excel Application from your PC
- Select a new worksheet and a new sheet loads.
- Enter the values of x (0,30,60,90 etc).
- Hit the enter key to enter a new row and a new cell.
- Use a calculator to find the values of sine and the cosine of the functions of x.
- Input those values in the corresponding rows.
- Start from the first cell and hold down the mouse as your drag it to the end of the cell containing the values.
- On the Insert Tab, locate the Charts group, then the XY Scatter command.
- If you are using Ms Excel 2016, just hovering on the xy scatter, the graph will display already plotted for you.
- You will observe that immediately the graph displays, there will be another chart style group at the design tab where you are required to choose any style.