Some of you may not know the benefits of staying in unn hostel. I said so because I once stayed in the hostel during my 1st and 2nd years in the university years back when Akintola and Akpabio used to be male hostels, late 90s. You can never compare the benefits of staying in the hostel to that of staying off campus. UNN students dont use to have problems getting accommodation but recently, it becomes a very big problem for students to be able to get a space for hostel allocation.
The problem started when Zik’s flats were stopped from being used because they got too old that they became risks to be used, all of you won’t know where they call Zik’s flat. Zik’s flats are located right opposite UNN 2nd gate and it contains about 30 buildings and that’s why that area is called “behind flat”. Another major problem is caused by Okeke hall that got burnt last 2 years and also transit camp. The purpose of this post is to hint on some of the benefits of staying in the hostel and not the cause of hostel problem. Some of the benefits are:
Benefits of Staying in UNN Hostel
– You will have constant water supply.
– You will have constant power supply.
– There is enough security inside campus.
– Most of the hostels are built close to lecture rooms thereby reducing transport fare for you and also lateness to lectures.
– You can easily go to your room and rest while waiting for the next lecture, something you cannot do if you stay off campus.
– You will be able to attend night classes anytime you want and come back anytime you want, something that is not possible if you stay off campus.
– You will be motivated to be reading all the time when you see your roommates reading.
– There are affordable restaurants where food are sold at cheaper rate because SUG moderates the prices of things inside campus.
– There are shops close by where you can buy anything you want to buy.
– You will be able to meet and make friends.
– There are less cases of arm robbery and phone snatching inside campus due to security inside campus.
– You have access to free WiFi for you browsing, downloading and social media things.
There are many uncountable benefits for staying in the hostel and the amount you pay for all these benefits is 15,000 for females and 12,000 for males which is nothing compares to off campus where you will pay huge amount yet you won’t have all these benefits.