Have you ever Allowed Comments Auto-Moderation in WordPress before? A lot of bloggers have been asking me the question, “Is it possible to allow my blog visitors to see their comments immediately after they comment? The big answer is YES. In this article, you will see the:
- Reasons you should allow them to see their comments immediately after they make comment,
- Why you should not allow auto moderation of comments
- And How to Allow Auto Moderation of Comments
What Is Auto-Moderation of Comments
This is a situation where you allow your blog visitors to see their comments immediately after they drop comments. It is a practice controlled by bloggers especially the admin or the moderators or anyone you have assigned the function to.
Personally I will love to moderate users comments, but there are some other bloggers out there that do not find it funny. That is why you I will love to share with you the reasons you should allow auto-moderation of comments
Reasons you Should allow Auto-moderation of Comments
Some of the reasons why it is good to allow auto-moderation of comments is because:
- It will save you the time of manually approving bulky comments especially if your site or blog has too many comments.
- The people that are commenting will find be happy seeing their comment immediately appeared after dropping comments.
Reasons you Should NOT allow Auto-moderation of Comments
There are several reasons you should not allow auto-moderation of comments on your blog. Some of them are:
- Other bloggers can use the opportunity to get back-links without your consent.
- Spams can easily be dropped in your blog via the comment box.
- Remember that once the comments are displayed, they are visible to other users. Therefore it will be better to proofread those comments before allowing them to show up.
Benefits of Allowing Blog Comments
The benefits of allowing blog comments are:
- Blog comments provide a form of social proof
- Blog comments help you to understand what your readers want you to write about
- Responding to comments helps you to deepen your relationship with your readers
- The act of commenting theoretically increases the likelihood that the user will also engage in other ways, such as subscribing to your newsletter, or even making a purchase down the road
How to Allow Comments Auto-Moderation in WordPress
- Visit the settings page from your dashboard.
- Click on the discussion tab.
- Un-check the
- Click on Safe Changes.