AKSU Admission List has been released for all UTME students who wrote their Post UTME screening examinations. The management and school authorities of the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) have released the 2018/2019 Merit (1st Batch) Admission List.
The first batch merit admission list can now be accessed online on the AKSU admission status checking portal. Note that AKSU Supplementary Admission List will also be released later.
This is to announce to all the prospective students of the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) that the management of the institution has released the admission list, containing the names of candidates admitted into the university’s various undergraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic year.
How to Check AKSU Admission List and Confirm Admission Status
To check the admission list, follow the procedure below:
- Visit the AKSU admission status checking portal at http://www.aksu.edu.ng/AL/.
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status‘.
- Enter your JAMB registration number in the required column.
- Then, click on ‘Search‘ to access your AKSU admission status.
NB: The release of the names of successful candidates is ongoing and candidates who do not see their names are strongly advised to check back on the site as the list will be continuously updated. Also, candidates who have not yet seen their names on the admission list are requested to visit the nearest JAMB CBT Centre to upload their WAEC/NECO/NABTEB result, so as not to forfeit their chances of gaining admission.
Note that AKSU school management will later release a 2nd batch supplementary admission list in due course. This list will also be uploaded here whenever it is released.
Successful candidates are required to logon to their JAMB CAPS profile to accept the provisional offer of admission and proceed to pay their Acceptance Fee on or before 7th September 2018:
How to Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS
- Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ and login with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard
- Once you have logged in you will see a welcome notice just move down on the page you will see “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”. (See figure above)
- Click on this “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS” and you will be redirected to the JAMB CAPS page
- After clicking on “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”, you will see a page showing your JAMB details and your admission status.
- If you have been given admission, you can now go ahead to accept or reject the admission.
After Admission, What Next?
After confirming that you have been given admission, the next step is to go ahead with the necessary clearance and registration.
- First, find out the amount that AKSU is requiring to be paid as acceptance fee for the admission that has been offered to you. Note that if you do not pay AKSU’s acceptance fee, it means that you have rejected the admission offered to you and in that case, you will lose the admission slot to someone else.
Recommended: How to Pay AKSU Acceptance Fee
- The next information you need to find out is AKSU school fees for your course or faculty, so that you can get the required fees ready as soon as possible. Note that it is advisable to pay your school fees immediately after paying your acceptance fee, to avoid being hindered from being matriculated (officially enrolled and added to AKSU’s student database) on time.
- You also need to get all the required documents ready for your registration and clearance into your new faculty and school. This could include documents such as O’level results (such as WAEC result, NECO result, etc), JAMB admission letter, Birth Certificate, LGA identification certificate, JAMB result print-out, an attestation letter from a parent or guardian, etc. You can always get the complete list of required documents from your school’s admissions office or even in your faculty.
- Next, it is important that you read and properly acquaint yourself with AKSU’s academic and general rules and regulations to avoid falling into any trap that could lead to your expulsion or any other detrimental punishment.
- After you have completed all the necessary payments and registration, it is a good idea to get your faculty and departmental lecture timetables as soon as possible so that you can start attending lectures. Attending lectures will set you up for a smooth academic career in AKSU.
- Finally, don’t hesitate to ask lecturers and administrative staff in your new school questions and seek advice from them. It is better to be seen as naive and ignorant, than it is to make unnecessary mistakes and waste time doing things wrongly. Also, try to make friends with some of the best students in senior classes and higher levels, so that you can start getting the best tips for navigating and thriving in the school from them.