I am personally taking it personal telling you Why You Should Not Start A Blog When you are not ready. Me and you know that blogging is interesting when first heard. This is just because you heard from a blogger friend that he is making money from it and it made you start blogging. It never occurred to you that ‘blogging no be beans’.
Did you know that there are lots of blogs that have been abandoned even before you started blogging? Yes. It is true. I will be listing some of the things you should know if you still plan to start a blog.
What You should Know before You Start a blog
I call these the salient points to note before starting a blog (either a personal or a niche blog). But before I say something more, Did you know that:
- blogging is not for the lazy people?
- you can start a blog without any fee or money
- blogging can make or mar you
- blogging needs your effort and time?
- if you do not have passion, then your blog will fail?
- choosing the wrong niche can affect your blog ranking?
When you have time, try to reflect on those questions above before you think of starting a blog.
I hear a lot of blogger run into complaint that
- they got banned by google adsense team,
- they are not ranking on google’s first page,
- they run out of articles,
- they do a lot of copying and pasting consciously & unconsciously.
Do you know why? This is because they have failed to understand why they should not start a blog when they are not ready. When i mean readiness, i mean being ready to face the challenges that blogging will throw at you along the road as you journey in the path of blogging.
I have therefore compiled some of the things to inform you Why You Should Not Start A Blog When you are not ready.
9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When you are not ready
The following may be the outcome when you start a blog unprepared. Remember it can happen to you anytime.
- You get banned by Google AdSense forever.
- You engage in using the CTRL C and CTRL V every time.
- If you are a student, you begin to perform academically poor.
- You begin to ask too many questions from other bloggers.
- Your blog doesn’t rank even at the back of Google search results.
- You run out of ideas easily.
- You begin to imitate designs of other blogs.
- You begin to blog anyhow [combining Fashion, beauty, news, sports, real estate, education, tutorials, tech etc all together].
- You see yourself doing night plans before you write an article.
Let us see in details what i mean by the above.
You get banned by Google AdSense forever:
When you are not prepared, you will find yourself clicking the Ads on your site, or encouraging friends and family to assist you in clicking them. This is common among the bloggers we have in our country. When you do this, you know what it means na, Google must send you a message and you are left stranded.
You engage in using the CTRL C and CTRL V every time:
You make use of these keys a lot on your keyboard. If you are into the habit of visiting other people’s blog just to copy their content, then you are not ready to face blogging.
If you are a student, you begin to perform academically poor:
If you are a student blogger, time management is very essential to be successful in blogging. Combining these stuffs together with your academic is very tedious. You will find out that your total working load has already increased. If you have 17 total working load, blogging makes it 20. If you are not ready to bear the consequences of poor academic performance, then do not start blogging.
You begin to ask too many questions from other bloggers:
Inasmuch as it is good to ask questions, you will always spot out a blogger who is blogging just because his friend is blogging too. They ask a lot of question, not because thy cannot ask google but because they begin to feel they need help from successful bloggers. If you do not want to fall into this category, then get prepared before you start a blog.
Your blog doesn’t rank even at the back of Google search results:
If can be depressing that after writing articles of 3000 words, you find your article at the back of google search results..lol. :). Check those blogs that are ranking, you will see that those guys have made up their minds and are ready to face the challenges. Remember that organic traffic is the best if you are thinking of getting money from your blog.
You run out of ideas easily:
You will always run out of ideas when you start a blog unprepared. Releasing original contents are not always not easy, so get yourself ready to face this when the time comes.
You begin to imitate designs of other blogs:
Imitation is the next thing that comes in when you start a blog when you know that you are not ready. You cannot find any thing outstanding in your blog. You begin to copy the designs, even the logo of other blogs.
You begin to blog anyhow:
This happens when you find yourself combining several niches in one blog. Today is hot news, tomorrow, education, tech, etc.
You see yourself doing night plans before you write an article:
blogging requires money and time. When you start a blog when you know you are not ready, you will always see yourself blogging in the night not because of the calmness of the day, but because you do not have the money to subscribe for Data Bundle.
Having seen that, these are some of my quotes on blogging:
My Blogging Quotes
- The number of time you spend blogging is directly proportional to the outcome of it.
- A passionate blogger will always produce a profitable blog(s)
- In the dictionary of a blogger there wanted no laziness if success is the back-cover.